Georgia’s Safe Routes to School Resource Center is working to continue engaging students and communities by facilitating its annual Georgia Walk Day. This year, resource center staff are inviting families to join in virtually.
The first ever “Virtual Georgia Walk and Roll Day” is scheduled for Friday, March 27th. The virtual platforms to be used are TikTok, Facebook, and Instagram. Students and families can participate in the following ways:
- Walking around their neighborhood, house, apartment complex, or living room.
- Putting on a bike helmet and going for a ride. OR…simply taking a cute picture.
- Drawing a picture of yourself walking or bicycling and being safe
- Making a TikTok safety message about walking/bicycling
Then, take a picture or make a video, post it, and share. Use the hashtag #GWALK2020. The virtual platforms recommended for this family engagement activity are listed below:
- Instagram: @saferoutesga
- TikTok: @saferoutesga
- Facebook: @GASRTS ResourceCenter
Use the hashtags #GWalk2020, #tiktokforgood, #foryou.
This is also a great opportunity for high school students to earn volunteer hours. To receive volunteer credit, send a link to your Safety TikTok to email@example.com Include in the body of the email the amount of time spent researching and preparing content for your message. Students should copy their advisors on the email.
Let’s join Georgia’s Virtual Walk 2020!